默默地成為了最大的笑點…… Gradually Becoming the Funniest Of All...


In the picture drawn by one student filmed in the video, the student describes "being happy inside the classroom where Teacher Hope teaches. For her entire student life so far, "Teacher Hope has become my all-time-favorite teacher. What you have taught me are good memories," according to this student.
The student is also trying to capture the way I'm teaching them.
Here is a translation of your paragraph using advanced, literary, and formal Chinese vocabulary (complicated Chinese):
在影片中某位學生所繪製的畫作中,該生描繪了自己「於泡芙老師是一個有趣的老師,是(上了)英語課以來(我)最喜歡的英文老師」。
綜觀其截至目前為止的求學生涯,她由衷表示:
「您教我的知識就像您的課的(美好)回憶。」
此外,該生亦試圖透過畫筆,悉心捕捉並定格教室裡面同學及泡芙老師的神韻。




基於中部某公立學校家長會所有家長們的動能、

和學校裡面同仁們的愛心,

謝師宴宴會那天,是我親眼見到中部這個目前所服務學校

裡面的各方人馬的熱情,實在別開生面

其中一位導師還正巧有機會與我耳語一番:

「我剛剛才跟我們學年說,妳真的太有愛了,全班竟然16個學生拿滿分……」

我很想跟這位美麗的導師分享,我從在大學授課時就有「給分問題」,

修我課的學生當時常常流傳這件事,雖然我真的感到這實在不大好,

可是打到九十分以下我好像總是很「手軟」而打不下去那個「低分」……



謝師宴當天,我就如此這般幸運成為現金得獎教師的其中一名

又承蒙一個多月前大力協助教務主任勸說我留在台中的人事主任

慷慨解囊讓我帶著大家的愛心到國外服務

在這種充滿感動、感恩、感心的季節

忍不住想起

謝師宴前一天,有不認識的學生衝到我的教室跟我說:

「泡芙老師,聽說妳上課很好笑,妳下學期會教我們班嗎?! 」



我真的是不知道


自己怎麼就慢慢變成個大笑話了……


怎會如此這般滴呢~~~


Driven by the collective energy of the parent association of a municipal school in Taichung, and the care and goodwill of my colleagues within the school, the farewell banquet offered me a firsthand view of the remarkable enthusiasm and spirit among all those connected to my current school in central Taiwan. It was, in many ways, quite an eye-opening experience.

During the event, one homeroom teacher even had a brief moment to speak with me in confidence:

“I just told our year group that you are really too caring—your class actually has 16 students who scored full marks…”

I almost wanted to share with her that this has followed me since my university teaching days—that I have long had what students jokingly called a ‘grading issue’. Although I always felt slightly uncomfortable about that reputation, the truth is that anything below 90 seems to trigger a kind of… reluctance in me that makes it difficult to mark down further.

On that same day, I was also one of the fortunate recipients of a cash prize in the lucky draw.

In addition, I remain deeply grateful to the head of personnel, who, just over a month earlier, together with the academic affairs director, had made considerable efforts to persuade me to remain in Taichung. Their kindness was not only administrative, but genuinely personal.


With such generosity and goodwill, I was able to carry this collective care forward and bring it with me as I prepare to serve overseas. In a season filled with emotion, gratitude, and quiet reflection, I often find myself returning to a small moment just before the banquet, with an unfamiliar student suddenly rushed into my classroom and asked:

“Teacher Hope, I heard your lessons are really funny. Will you be teaching our class next semester?!”


And honestly, I still don’t quite know how to respond to that. Somewhere along the way, I seem to have become… a source of laughter and/or joke. How does every element turn into this, I cannot help but keep wondering.





Students' works are very brilliant. 

I still need a lot more time to interpret all these 

randomly chosen works which have brought 

many wonderful messages of hope and love. 

(Students' works are randomly chosen because there are just so many of them expressing identical notions:)

學生們的創作精妙絕倫。

面對這些(數量龐大但意念雷同的作品,於是只好)

隨機挑選卻承載著無數關於

希望與愛」訊息的大作,我仍需傾注更多時間,

方能悉心解讀其中的深刻內涵。

For this one above, the student writes about how happy s/he is seeing Teacher Hope teach them every Wednesday by stating Teacher Hope "...is too good to be true. I hope to see you again (i.e. to be taught by you for another schoolyear) when I am grade 3."













「我希望我三年級可以開心的看到你」:
表示此二年級學生期待三年級再度於泡芙老師教室中學習英語。

"I hope I can happily see you in the third grade":
This indicates that the second-grade student is looking forward to learning English in Teacher Hope's classroom once again next school year.





「泡芙老師:謝謝妳的教導。三年級(可以再上妳的課的話)遇到很開心。」

"DEAR Teacher Hope, Thank you for teaching me. 
I'll be very happy if you are my English Teacher again when I am grade 3."






學生書寫著其內心世界的愉悅
以及祝福泡芙老師國際行程順利的關懷





「謝謝泡芙老師總是面帶微笑地教導我們」
"Thank you for your teaching us with smiles."








"Many thanks for teaching us diligently. 
You have helped to elevate our English proficiency. 
I wish you a wonderful time overseas. I love you." 
「謝謝泡芙老師這一年來教導我們英語
(其實是一個學期,可能二年級小朋友對於時間的感覺,和我們不大相同),
讓我們的英語能力提升。祝老師在國外行程順利。
泡芙老師我愛你。」






"During this semester in our English sessions with Teacher Hope, 
I have learned how to act out based on contents of our textbook. 
I find courses of my English class sessions to be a lot of fun 
because Teacher Hope provides us fun stuff to do. 
I hope I will be taught by Teacher Hope again next school year!"
這學期上英語課,我學到如何用表演的方式,
演出課文的意思,我覺得這學期的英語課很有趣,
因為老師會給我們做一些好玩的活動。
希望下次(下個學年)還有機會上泡芙老師的課。






「我覺得這學期英語課上的很充實,上課泡芙老師會講笑話逗大家笑,
老師還讓班上進行獎勵積分,只要積滿10點就可以看影片,
在泡芙老師班上,紀律嚴明,沒有人敢對老師做不好的事情。
因為有泡芙老師,讓我們班養成良好的禮貌、有好習慣,
老師還禁止我們在教室跑步,這樣就可以減少意外發生,
希望泡芙老師以後可以多講一點笑話,讓去上老師課的
班級能快樂去上課,快樂下課。」

"This semester in our English class sessions with Teacher Hope, there's not one minute to lose. During our sessions, she'd crack jokes making us laugh. Besides, there're grading systems in which once we accumulate 10 points, we are awarded with FILM TIME. In Teacher Hope's sessions, no one dares to do anything bad; thanks to her, we have become more polite, with nice habits cultivated. Moreover, we are asked (by Teacher Hope) to not run inside the classroom so as to dwindle chances of accidents. I expect Teacher Hope to share more funny stories with all the students she teaches so that each and every class can learn with her merrily!"







From Teacher Hope, I've learned a lot. 
She is so nice that she teaches us many interesting stuff. 
I am thankful to her teaching styles filled with true heart and funny videos. 
Thank you, Teacher Hope!











"I find it a great pleasure sitting inside sessions taught by Teacher Hope who wears constant smiles on her face, making all of us feel warm. In addition, she speaks Chinese and English at the same time, allowing of us to learn more English daily words/phrases. I have really learned a lot in Teacher Hope's class! Thank you!!!"






「我這學期上(泡芙老師)英語課的感想是:
我覺得很好玩,因為老師有時候會有說有笑的,
還有老師(會)播一些她喜歡的影片給我們看,
還不會發太大的脾氣,講話也很和藹可親,
沒有惡意,只有善意。」

Her lessons are fun because she often jokes with us 

and creates a relaxed atmosphere in class.

She also shares videos that she enjoys, 

which makes the lessons more interesting.

She is patient and rarely gets angry, and 

she always speaks to us with warmth and kindness.

I've never felt any harshness from her—only genuine goodwill.







"At first I felt English courses are boring, something I had observed in my previous years of learning it ever since Grade 1. When I learn with Teacher Hope, though, things are different. Sometimes she allows us to watch videos with characters made by clays. Though when we present or talk in front of the others, we'd have to take off our masks and I am not comfortable showing people my face, I have had a great in each class session with her. If I think about that there are chances I will not be able to be inside her class sessions anymore, I feel tragic about it."
「一開始我就不喜歡英語,從一、二年級就這樣,覺得它很無趣;
可是當我上泡芙老師的課時,我就心想~~~這下可不一樣啦! 
泡芙老師有時會給我們看黏土做的小羊的影片。
上台發表時不能帶口罩,這點我很不習慣,可是每堂課我都很開心。
一想到以後可能沒辦法再上到泡芙老師的課就好難過。」




「我一開始覺得(泡芙)老師很兇,但後來想想,其實老師教的很好。
老師可以用很小的音量,就能很好的管好全班,是一件很了不起的事情。
老師時對時就會播小影片給我們看,
讓頂著巨大學習壓力的我譬,在看小影片時得到釋放。」

At first, I thought Teacher Hope is very strict, 

but after a while I realize she is actually a real good teacher.

One thing I really admire is that she can manage the whole class 

just by speaking in a very gentle voice. I think that's really amazing.

Sometimes she also shows us short videos during class.

Many of us suffer from much pressure due to schoolwork: videos in her class sessions help us relax and make us feel much better.







EPILOGUE -- A HEART-TO-HEART MONOLOGUE FROM A PERSON PRACTICING ALTRUISTIC SERVICE LEARNING FOR A LONG TIME

心聲--來自一位長期進行利他服務學習人士的言語


昨天,我將一段心中的感受整理成文字。自六月十九日那場聚會之後,我一直讓自己慢慢沉澱,也明白有些想法仍在生成,有些體悟仍在醞釀。

(6/19聚會宣布請參照此連結謝謝https://morerayofhope.blogspot.com/2026/06/2026-2nd-quarter-sharing-event.html)


近來,我愈發察覺自己處理負面情緒的速度,比起過去快了許多。


我常覺得,人心就像一面塵封已久的鏡子。灰塵厚重時,我們甚至不知道那原來是一面鏡子,更遑論看見真正的自己。直到有一天,願意誠實地面對自己的過去,願意開始擦拭,那才發現,歲月累積的塵埃,並非一次便能拂去。


然而,每一次願意停下來反思,每一次願意放下執著、卸除偏見、接納自己的不足,那面鏡子便會多透亮一分。隨著內心的陰影一點一滴褪去,人也漸漸變得輕盈。這份輕盈,並非來自生活變得容易,而是來自不再耗費心力與自己對抗。當內耗減少,生命便騰出了更多空間,去關懷他人,去投入真正值得投入的事情。


回首這一路,我深深體會到,真正改變一個人的,往往不是轟轟烈烈的成就,而是在一次又一次困難面前,仍願意選擇善良,仍願意選擇相信,仍願意選擇付出。


曾經有一段時間,我也受到他人的扶持與陪伴。當時的我未必知道,在我看不見的地方,有多少人默默付出了耐心、時間與心力,只為扶起一個幾乎失去方向的人。直到多年之後,當自己開始陪伴別人,才逐漸理解,那些看似平凡的關懷,其實蘊藏著極大的重量。


或許正因如此,當後來有機會協助他人處理一件充滿挑戰、程序繁複且困難重重的事情時,我心裡始終只有一個念頭:既然有人曾經沒有放棄我,我也不願輕易放棄任何一個需要幫助的人。


過程中,總會遇見新的問題,也總要學習新的方法。解決了一件事情,又迎來另一件事情。真正成長的,從來不是事情本身,而是那個願意一次又一次站起來的人。


我也逐漸相信,自信並不是行動之前的條件,而是行動之後的結果。很多時候,我們並非因為有把握才開始,而是在一次次願意跨出腳步之後,才慢慢發現:原來自己比想像中更有力量。


近年來,我也開始明白,選擇一條帶有公益性質、甚至沒有任何財富上面回報的道路,並不容易。它伴隨著許多現實上的挑戰,也需要承受外界未必理解的眼光。然而,也正因為沒有利益作為交換,人反而更有機會重新認識自己的初心。


或許,真正的收穫從來不是完成了多少事情,而是在一次次選擇服務、一次次選擇傾聽、一次次選擇相信人性的過程裡,我們自己的心,也悄悄地被淨化了。


回頭看,原來最大的受益者,一直都是自己。



Yesterday, I found myself putting a few thoughts into words and sending them to a friend overseas. Since a gathering on 19 June, (with details of that event announcement listed here https://morerayofhope.blogspot.com/2026/06/2026-2nd-quarter-sharing-event.html)


I have been allowing those reflections to settle. Some thoughts have become clearer; others are still quietly taking shape. One change I have noticed in myself is that I recover from negative emotions much more quickly than I once did.


To me, the human heart resembles a mirror long covered in dust. At first, the dust is so thick that we scarcely realize a mirror exists beneath it. Only when we choose to face ourselves honestly do we begin the slow work of wiping it clean. It is never accomplished in a single attempt. Layer by layer, the dust gives way, and little by little the reflection becomes clearer.


As old burdens, regrets and self-imposed struggles begin to fall away, life feels lighter—not because circumstances have necessarily become easier, but because we are no longer expending so much energy fighting ourselves. Freed from that inner conflict, we discover that we have far more strength to devote to things that truly matter.


Looking back, I have come to believe that lasting growth rarely arrives through dramatic achievements. More often, it is shaped by the quiet decision to remain kind, to keep believing in others, and to continue serving even when the path is uncertain.


Earlier in my own life, I was fortunate to encounter people who extended patience, guidance and compassion at a time when I needed them most. Only years later did I begin to appreciate how much unseen effort had been invested on my behalf. What once appeared to be simple encouragement was, in reality, the result of extraordinary perseverance.


Perhaps that is why, when opportunities arose for me to support others through complex and demanding circumstances, I found myself approaching each challenge with quiet determination. There were obstacles at every stage, moments of uncertainty, and problems that refused to resolve themselves easily. Yet each difficulty became another invitation to learn, to adapt and to persevere.


One lesson has remained with me throughout these experiences: confidence seldom comes before action. More often, it follows action. Before we believe fully in ourselves, we first have to choose to move forward despite our doubts.


In recent years, I have also begun to understand that choosing a life of service—particularly one that offers little or no financial reward—is neither simple nor glamorous. It often involves sacrifice, uncertainty and practical difficulties that are invisible to others. Yet there is something quietly transformative about such a path. When personal gain is removed from the equation, one's motives are continually refined, and the heart is invited to return to what truly matters.


In the end, I have come to think that the greatest reward is not found in what we accomplish for others, but in what the journey gradually accomplishes within ourselves. Every act of service, every conversation, every difficulty patiently endured leaves the mirror a little clearer than before.


Perhaps that has been the greatest gift of all.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indonesian Journey 2026 印尼行程

溫馨分享活動敬邀 Invitation:Stories About 和「動物大遷徙」 "Wildlife Migration" 有關的故事

松下問童子 Investigations